David fuses wisdom teachings, modern science, adult learning theory, and clinical experience to create rich, collaborative, team-learning experiences. Passionate about his partner, paddle board, labrador, and stretching his own thinking. Past lives: Executive Partner and Director of Clinical Education at Therapeutic Associates, TAI BreathWorks designer, Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, breath work certifications through Better Physiology, Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences and The Oxygen Advantage. Holden Qi Gong and Les Mils RPM instructor certifications. College All-American swimmer. Physical Therapy degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, and a Doctor of Science in Physical Therapy from Andrews University.
BYT 300 & Quiz – On Demand
- BYT 300 builds on the activities and techniques of the three-phased approach to this program, with an emphasis on Phase three activities. This course prepares the participant for the BYT 300 Quiz.
- Total Time: 8 Hours
Click here to see the complete program details
The third and final course in this series is a chance to go big. Here we investigate the Oxygen Advantage protocol as well as ancient breathing practices that have been used to reach deeper states of consciousness and human potential. The content is fascinating and sweet, as well as physically, chemically, and emotionally challenging. To participate in the full content of this course, participants will need to demonstrate their own good breathing patterns consistent with Phase three criteria of the BYT treatment approach. A participant may observe and participate on a smaller (yet significant) level if they are still in progress to meeting Phase three criteria. Please note, this will apply to several people in each class. It’s okay!
Desired Outcomes (objectives):
Participants will leave with:
A deeper understanding of the Phase three treatment approach
• An understanding of how intentional hypocapnia, hypercapnia, and hypoxia can improve performance, awareness, and physiology - and the risks with doing these practices too early or unskillfully
• An understanding of other breath work practices that augment or support this work
• An understanding of the next potential learning steps
• An appreciation for the impact of imagery and intention
• The ability to safely teach entry-level versions of the Heart Mirror and Oxygen Advantage protocol
• BYT 200, and access to a CapnoTrainer® recommended. In some cases this course may be done before BYT 200. Contact us for more details.
• Web-based or In-Person training.
• CapnoTrainer® access (recommended).
• Pulse Oximeter.