David fuses wisdom teachings, modern science, adult learning theory, and clinical experience to create rich, collaborative, team-learning experiences. Passionate about his partner, paddle board, labrador, and stretching his own thinking. Past lives: Executive Partner and Director of Clinical Education at Therapeutic Associates, TAI BreathWorks designer, Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, breath work certifications through Better Physiology, Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences and The Oxygen Advantage. Holden Qi Gong and Les Mils RPM instructor certifications. College All-American swimmer. Physical Therapy degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, and a Doctor of Science in Physical Therapy from Andrews University.
BYT 100 & Quiz April 9, 2022, Live-online
Early registration discount ends April 2, 2022
BYT 100 provides the fundamentals of breath work and can be taken as a stand-alone course. The course provides the basic tools to help instruct healthy, breathing-related practices and provides valuable educational tools for patients. The On-Demand quiz may be taken when ready.
- Total Time:
- 8 Hours Class
- 1 Hour BYT 100 OnDemand Quiz (may be taken later)
- Part A Saturday, April 9, 2022 8 AM – 12 PM Pacific
- Part B Saturday, April 9, 2022 1 PM – 5 PM Pacific
- Total Time:
Participants will leave with:
• An appreciation for the importance and relevance of integrating breath work into physical therapy practice
• An understanding of the three-phased approach to the Breathe Your Truth program and how to use the Breathe Your Truth website to support clinical practice
• An understanding of respiratory physiology and the factors that influence breathing
• An understanding of optimal breathing – mechanics, physiology, and thinking
• The ability to put together a breathing program in response to COVID-19
• An ability to identify appropriate candidates for this type of breath work
• An ability to perform a basic breath work exam
• An understanding of the basic progression of activities
• An appreciation for the value of capnography and other technologies
This course is best suited for health care and wellness practitioners with an understanding of basic human physiology.
None, other than an interest in the effects of breathing well and a curiosity of how this might influence current practice patterns. This course is best suited for health care and wellness practitioners with an understanding of basic human physiology.
• Web-based or In-Person training
• Lecture with lab. The lab can be done without treatment tables.
• For the Online course: A computer with adequate video and sound capability.
There are no reviews yet.